What Kind of Visa do I need to Buy a Condo in Pattaya Thailand

There are a number of different visa options in Thailand. They range from a visa on arrival (VOA) by land for 15 days, to VOA by air at 30 days, to student visas, tourist visas, work visas, and retirement visas, The work visas get broken down into certain categories even further, there is Business Opportunity Investment, Teaching Non – B, and a regular non – B.

There is even a new Thailand Elite Visa that spans a full 20 years if all four of the five year extension's offered are used. To buy a condo in Thailand you will be able to use any of the visa types listed in this article.
Thailand makes it relatively easy for a foreigner to buy a condo for a holder of any of the following visas.

Below is taken from the official government website on 23rd September, 2019
You can check here to see if any changes have occurred since

Tourist Visa

This is a 60-day Tourist Visa to Thailand that can either be a multiple or single entry and can be extended for up to another 30 days by means of a visa run. Well if you want to extend longer than 30 days, you can convert the visa to a Non-Immigrant Visa which will require you to go to the nearby city or country such us Penang and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Non-Immigrant Visa

This is normally a single entry visa to Thailand valid for 90 days. Like the tourist visa, you can extend your stay by doing visa run going to the border or nearby city/country. Obtaining a work permit and opening a bank account is possible.

One Year Non-Immigrant Visa

This visa is often a Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand valid for use for a period of 1 year. You are allowed to stay 90 days per entry which means, every 90 days, you will have to go to border and have your visa stamped at the immigration (visa run).

Marriage Visa and Retirement Visa

There is no direct application for these 2 visa types. But don’t worry it’s not going to be a complicated process, as long as you will meet the special financial requirements for the application. How to obtain a Marriage Visa in Thailand? You must simply be married to a Thai National. Otherwise, if you want a Retirement Visa in Thailand, you need to be 50 years old or above.

The process is as easy as 1 2 3. First step, you obtain a non-immigrant visa. Next, convert the non-immigrant visa to either Marriage Visa or Retirement Visa. These are the visa types that will allow you to stay in Thailand for the whole 1 year (renewable) without going to the border or not leaving the kingdom anymore at all.

Business Visa

This visa is specially designed for people who want to do business legally in Thailand. It is also known as Non-Immigrant Business Visa. You can get a work permit, open a bank account however you still need to do a visa run every 90 days.

Permanent Resident Visa

To qualify for this visa, you must have stayed in Thailand for 3 consecutive with the one-year-visa extensions. If you are married to a Thai for 5 years, you must be earning 30,000 Baht/month. If you are single, at least your monthly income should be 80,000 Baht. You just simply present your three years of personal tax statements proving the above-stated income requirements to qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa in Thailand.